Sunday, January 12, 2014

waves

you told me you needed monogamy

i said yes

you told me you needed commitment

i said yes

you told me to speak only my truth

i said yes

you told me to keep my heart open no matter what

i said yes

you told me to let go of my ego

i said yes...i am trying

you told me to release all of my patterns

please understand that this is a process

you told me you wanted partnership

i was willing to try

you told me to be in the moment and flexible.  you told me you need boundaries.  you told me you can't say no to me.  you told me i mustn't say no to you.  you told me you can't  hold me you told me i never hold you.  you told me your not available for this.  you told me i'm not right for you.  you told me you could embrace this work in the space of commitment.  then the fear of that drove you away.  like waves you return, then depart.

i do not know what to think anymore.

we are just bags of water, sitting on a rock, and we have no idea what we're doing.   and we're together on this rock, and all we can do is love each other.  

No comments: