Sunday, February 8, 2009

weight



i've been feeling heavy of late--weighted down. yesterday while cooking dinner and
listening to israeli music i had this intensely poignant longing for judaism. for feeling a part of something spiritual, deep, meaningful, lasting. ancient.

all day i've been inexplicably on the verge of tears, like someone i love has died. no excuse, it was a beautiful sunny day. tarot told me to consult a fiery crone-like woman. know of any?

i'm losing touch with the things that are most important to me, that i am intuitively drawn to; massage, herbal healing, doula training, music. my life feels very male; goal oriented, driven. tiring. stressful. lacking in beauty and grace.

help!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Sorry,I just can't resist commenting about the "fiery, crone-like woman"...cuz I are one! LOL. But then, I don't believe in tarot cards ;o), and I'm pretty sure you won't consult me!
Peace to you.

Wendy said...

Dear Kassia,
Am I a fiery crone? Not sure, but i would like to talk to you more about your comments and feelings from the 2/8 post. I almost mentioned to you when I saw you that morning that Ted and I were going that evening to a Tu B'Shvat Seder with our Chavura. It was beautiful, and I couldn't find more appropriate adjectives that the ones you named: spiritual, deep, meaningful, lasting, and ancient. I will also add: loving, conscious, sweet, fun and tasty! I would love to talk to you about it when we have a chance. I must admit upfront, however, that I posess some fairly strong "male" attributes: goal oriented, driven, etc. I hope and pray, though, that I (and my life) are not lacking in either beauty or grace; I strive for both. I hope you're feeling better today! Wendy