Sunday, March 2, 2008

why does it matter?

tuesday night the VBs will do a final show here at Twin Oaks. Sky says he doesn't want to come (he's heard us a bunch of times, etc.), and can't figure out why it matters so much to me. i think its totally obvious and feel pretty sad and demoralized about having to explain it. but it seems like it might be useful to tease apart this sinking gut-ache, so here goes.

why does it matter?
1. its the most meaningful thing i'm doing in my life right now
2. its a profound and deep form of self-expression
3. it is the way of being in the world that i feel most connected to, a medium through which i am able to express myself intimately in a way that is public.
4. its a way of supporting me, as i support him in projects that matter (willow, djing, community processes).
6. because its important to me, and i specifically asked that he come.

too bad he doesn't read my blog, guess i'll have another go at explaining it face to face!

No comments: