Wednesday, January 31, 2007

count down to FREEDOM!






hello my electronic friends,

tomorrow is my last day on the kibbutz, and i'm pretty psyched about it. its been a great jumping off point for this journey, but the other night i went into telaviv (to "practice" with gershon), and it was such a relief to be on my own without pesky parental figures constantly telling me what to do and nagging me about how i did it all wrong. and, its a little bit sad, leaving my first little nest here in israel.

today we had a tiul (trip) to jerusalem. i got to see alot of the country side, which was very beautiful. we also saw spectacular stalagmites/stalagtites in a cave near jersulam. hopefully i'll figure out how to post photos soon..........the active ones were so lucscious and sensual, i'm excited to make sketches from the photos. the most active wall is called the honey wall, and it is sweet and delicious.

in the afternoon, we met up with a bunch of other ulpanim from all over the country for a fancy lunch, open mike, and then a dance party! i got to hack with some dorkyhipster guys from kibbuts yavneh (they asked i was french), i was so grateful for my twin oaks hack-training cuz i could actually hold my own yee haw.
and the dance party was so so great--it felt so good to just cut loose and dance hard, fully express. and one of the hackboys asked me for my number, even after i told him he was way to young (19) and that i have a boyfriend. it was sweet though, and above all it felt really good to be grounded in my self and self expression. i even played a little song in the open mic--

playing music and dancing are the 2 things that make me feel most alive and most ME.

aright, i gotta meditate cuz i missed my afternoon sitting..............

No comments: